Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Finishing quilts - baby quilt WIP done

Last year, my buddy Ramona gave me a few awesome pieces of Robert Kaufman's modern cheater prints. I was really inspired, started 2 quilts with it and then left them unfinished for a year. Z's bed sized quilt is finished now, but this second baby quilt was still languishing.
I'm super motivated to get through these WIPs, and also motivated to work on my free-motion quilting. It's a skill you can only learn by lots of practice, so lately everything has been a quilt to practice on. This one I tried a new (to me) pattern of interlinking boxes.
I could definitely point out lots of flaws, but overall, it was a great first try.
I backed it in pinstriped flannel and now have it in the happy pile of quilts to give.

No comments:

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails